22 Mar 13 trust behaviours to help you build, maintain and restore trust in your business
13 trust behaviours to help you build, maintain and restore trust in your business.
You might not think about the consequences of low trust to your business or to society at large and, even if you did, you are so busy running your business you have not got time to stop and measure the effect that low trust is having on your team, customers, profits and growth.
But trust is on the decline – have a look at any trust index (search Google) and you will see an erosion of trust in our culture and in many walks of life. People just don’t trust other people as much as they did a generation ago.
And yet it is something so important to all of us and something so highly valued that it’s worth investing time and effort in building, maintaining and restoring trust.
And… trust can be learned.
Steven M.R Covey points to 13 behaviours that can help you do just that.
- Talk Straight – Be honest, tell the truth
- Demonstrate Respect – Care for others and show it, treat others with respect
- Create Transparency – Tell the truth, be real and genuine
- Right Wrongs – Admit when you are wrong, apologise and be humble
- Show Loyalty – Give credit to others
- Deliver Results – Get things done consistently, make things happen on time
- Get Better – Continuously improve, be a constant learner
- Confront Reality – Tackle all issues, even the tough stuff
- Clarify Expectations – Disclose, reveal and validate expectations
- Practice Accountability – Hold yourself accountable first, take responsibility
- Listen First – Listen before speaking, understand, diagnose, listen
- Keep Commitments – Say what you will do and then do it, hold confidences
- Extend Trust – Extend trust to those who have earned it
There are more details about these 13 behaviours in the Business Breakthrough report, plus a clear one-pager in the tools attached to the report to help you and your team score yourselves.
The scoring will enable you to see your strengths and weaknesses and, as a result, identify what you need to work on to build greater trust.
Click here to access our Business Bitesize library that includes our downloadable “Trust Builds Business Tools and Resources” report and read more about the 13 behaviours of trust and start using them to build, maintain and restore the level of trust in your business.